Him A True Horror Story...

A True Horror Story 


Recently, a buddy advised me to upload this anecdote during our conversation. For some background information, I  spent around six years working as a mall security guard. On an average day, there would probably be around 200 people present in the mall I worked at because it was rather sizable and located in the town's busiest area. I never had to deal with a lot of stuff during my time there. The majority of the time, my job was catching shoplifters or removing irate clients who would act up at the register. Never a situation that I couldn't manage. But if that still held true, I wouldn't be writing this.👀

If I'm being completely honest, this happened to me around three years ago, and I'm still messed up as a result. So, the weekend is when this occurred. I used to work from mid-afternoon until early in the morning every day (2 PM to 2 AM). I believe I initially observed a specific person at the mall around three o'clock. Strangely, I never really regularly saw the same individual more than two or three times among all the people I would see passing through the mall, so it seemed odd that I kept spotting this guy. Working there, you truly get to meet all kinds of people, but there was just something so off about this one man in particular. I would scan the throng for him every 20 minutes, and I would always find him. Always towering on the other side of the aisle, he would just stare at me. He was at least 6'8 tall, making him the tallest individual I've ever seen. He appeared to have gone years without eating or taking a bath. He was dressed in an outdated suit that appeared to be four sizes too large. Everything was soiled and moth-eaten. The blazer and what had undoubtedly once been a white undershirt were both an ugly grey with numerous stains. Along with being dirty, his pants had numerous rips and holes. He appeared ill. He had pale, slightly discolored skin.

Dark circles around his hollow eyes, and his paper-thin skin revealed his cheekbones. Every time I focused on this freak show, his thin-lipped lips would crack a small smile. However, the grin would never reach his eyes. The worst thing, in my opinion, has to be his eyes. His light grey eyes were so little that they were the only thing that could be seen up close. He occasionally grinned with his teeth. You would believe that this man had never heard of toothpaste. It was difficult to estimate this person's age. He looked to be in his late 50s or early 60s based on how little hair he had. On top, he was bald, with stray brown and white hair.

As the night wore on, I saw the man a lot less. I didn't stop seeing the person altogether until after seven o'clock. If that were the case, I wouldn't be telling you all about this. I assumed that was the end of it and that I could just laugh it off. When this mall closed at 9 o'clock at night, my shift was still five hours away. There would always be two guards on duty after hours. I was the unfortunate son of a bitch that had to be out on patrol, one in the monitoring room and one out on the ground.

I wasn't too angry about this at the time because I had a false sense of security due to the fact that I hadn't seen my stalker in more than two hours. Prior to starting my patrol, I went to the office to inform Murray, the other guard, about the individual I had seen the today and instructed him to keep an eye out even though I was confident he had left by this point. Was everything going pretty well? It appeared to be a routine, dull shift. Just me moving through the empty aisles; nothing exciting.😢

Around midnight, things started to become strange. Occasionally, as I was going about my business, I could hear someone walking. Every time I heard it, I turned to look in the direction it was coming from with my flashlight, but, just like in horror movies, I never saw anything. I'm a fairly large guy. I was about 215 pounds at the time, and I spent a lot of my free time working out. I'm 6'2." I've been told that my size and numerous tattoos make me frightening. I couldn't stop feeling exposed, even though I knew I was probably more dangerous than the lanky creep I kept seeing.

I kept my hand on the baton that each security guy was wearing to console myself. I continued making my way around, past all the shops that were now closed off by metal gates. Up until I heard one of the aforementioned gates rattling, all was silent. I whirled around, of course, and nobody was there. I quickly transitioned from being uneasy to being irate.

"Malls shut down! Get the hell out of here, man! I seemed to be shouting into space. I checked the area out just to be sure, and when I saw nothing, I moved on.

I drank a lot of coffee or energy drinks to get me through these shifts. I had a lot of both on that particular day, so I eventually headed over to the restroom. I went in and did my business. I looked down to zip my pants once I was done. Something familiar caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. Dress shoes that are worn out and caked in mud. My instinct urged me to glance up. I cautiously raised my head, despite the fact that I was now completely terrified. I thought I was going to vomit. The same spectral figure I had seen and heard all night was visible when I looked up and peered over the top of the stall.

I was so frightened that I was unable to yell. As this madman started to scale the fence and descend himself into my stall like a spider, I just backed up against the wall and watched in terror. He towered over me and gave me a hungry-looking gaze. Before I could even get my hand to my belt, his eerily long arms came up, grabbing hold of my head and starting to pound it into the wall. My skull was bleeding behind my back, and I could feel it. This man drove my head into the wall without blinking, simply staring into my eyes and breathing heavily.

I was awakened by the severe agony. My head was spinning, and my eyesight was fuzzy. I opened my eyes to discover a small pool of my own blood on the filthy bathroom floor. I had to take a moment to gather my thoughts, but once I did, I hurried up and out of the cubicle. I was unsure of how long I had been gone. I felt a small sense of relief when I realised I was the only person using the restroom. I quickly snapped out of it when I saw that the mall crazy wasn't acting alone. Still present, my partner was observing the cameras.

I hurried out of the lavatory and made an effort to sprint back to the surveillance room as I felt such a sense of dread. The closer I came, the more frightened I became. I was so nervous and terrified that I would be attacked again at any second, but I was unable to go without Murray.

When I finally made it into the office, I was relieved to see Murray sitting with his back to me and his feet raised on the desk, watching the cameras. I slurred out a summary of what had just happened and informed him that we needed to leave due to my injuries. When he didn't reply, I assumed he had dozed off. When I still didn't hear a response, I called out his name once more and cautiously approached him. I was horrified to see that Murray's uniform was covered in blood as I peered over his chair. The worst part was when I realised that chair wasn't actually my coworker. The person who had been terrorising me all night was sitting in the chair and was donning Murray's uniform.

He hunched his neck up and turned to face me with a devilish grin that displayed all of his repulsive teeth. His face was covered in blood spots, and his eyes were wide. I hurried out of the room as quickly as I could, slamming the door behind me, and headed for the closest exit without giving it a second thought. I practically threw myself into my car as I sped there and locked the doors. When I was trying to catch my breath, I had my head resting on the steering wheel when I suddenly remembered something. I used to park directly behind my office because there was a door leading from the tiny parking lot into the room housing all the cameras.

The psychopath was just in that room. I looked up toward the door slowly as sweat began to drip from my face. The man stood motionless in front of the office door, illuminated by the streetlamp. In a hurry to get the fuck out of there, I grabbed my keys and started the car. I gave it one last glance before sprinting out of there, only to discover that my attacker was now coming straight at me at full speed. I slammed on the gas and quickly left.

I took my own vehicle to the hospital. When asked how I got hurt, I just mumbled something about getting into a bar fight because I was still in shock when I got there. After they stitched me up, I left for home. The following day, I called the police and explained what had happened as well as Murray's situation. When Murray's wife reported him missing, they eventually started believing me after initially being sceptical. As I previously stated, three years have passed and neither his body nor he have been located. Murray is still on my mind a lot. We had a close friendship.

He deserved what happened to him. I have a feeling they'll never find Murray. For a while, I was hoping that the police would find some trace of him, but when I got a knock on my door at 3 a.m. two weeks later, I knew he was gone for good. I cautiously opened my front door after checking the peephole. A small box sat on the front step. I reluctantly picked up the box and opened it. The watch I gave Murray for Christmas last year was cracked and stained with blood. I knew he was gone for good at that point.

Even now, I have trouble sleeping. I'm always aware that I'm being watched. I rarely leave my house because I'm afraid that thing will come back for me one day. It just appears to be a matter of time.

Comments