Christmas on the Move.

 Christmas is not at all as I anticipated. I'm under a lot of pressure to finish my assignment before my deadline. This is a drawback of being a freelancer. Also, why work for yourself? We are not volunteers!

My room has been full for the past three days. The city is completely covered with snow outside and it is snowing. Being a freelancer has some benefits in this regard.

Most of the time, we are unable to keep our current clients, but we don't have to travel far to meet new ones.

Jen, are you still talking to yourself?

Christmas 

I turned around to see my roommate Lola walking into my room with a sizable tray. The smell, whatever it is, is incredible.

She asked, trying to read my always-poker look, "What?"

"You arrived just in time." I aimed my finger at the tray.

Yes, since you skipped dinner the night before.

"Oh, I see now why I have trouble falling asleep at night,"

She smiled her brightest smile. "Work done, then?" I could help myself to the entire excellent breakfast she had brought for me once she set the tray on the bed.

I just made this, try it. A dish of scrambled eggs was brought to me by her. If you're thinking scrambled eggs, think again. Migas is that. Tell me about it.

Migas were stuffed full of melty cheese, fresh pico de gallo, crunchy tortilla chips, and fluffy scrambled eggs. Just delicious. I don't even need to speak; she already took my expressions as a compliment.

"How's your new client doing?"

“Who?” I have clients every other day, so keeping track is actually not easy.

Elijah Malcom, "that sassy boy."

I manage social media and co-own an online business with Lola. While Lola manages the accounts and upkeep of our own internet presence, I manage the social media pages of famous people. His check arrived here last night. We got a bonus from him.

“Again? Don't you find it a little unsettling? A stranger offering cash in exchange for performing tiny odd jobs I lack expertise.

"Yes, I believe so. He texted me with the reward in it.

She sent it to me with the message, "Arrange a supper with Miss Kavanaugh tonight at Preston," written in bold. Time: 8 p.m. Be punctual.

"What's that?"

"I assume a date with you." My friend winked at me as I turned to face her.

"Do you really think I'd go on a date with a total stranger?"

"My sweetheart, he is well known in Brooklyn."

"I'm still standing where I am. Christmas is coming, therefore we're going to.

I'm sorry. I'll be all right. I'll ask Mia to stay the night when I contact her. You go. You don't get many opportunities. What is the issue? He is awarding those substantial incentives. Never was that done. You need to leave. Both of us need money. I've had enough of making $20 an hour, sweetie. I'm through. It has been a year already. How much longer can we live like that?

My companion, who was dead serious and would do anything to make us wealthy, caught my eye.

"We recently began working with him. There is only one week, please. I must learn more details about him.

"Jen Kavanaugh, quit behaving so immature. You won't be able to say no to me. Let's go get you a lovely dinner dress now. After all, Elijah Malcom and you are going on a date. You won't be lucky once again, sweetie. Billionaires don't go out with poor girls. fortunate girl.

Comments

Post a Comment